Hey Ravens fans, it has been another busy week in the offseason for the Baltimore Ravens! Have you been busy too? Here are some of the top headlines for the Ravens this week, in case you missed:
- Unless you have been living under a rock, you probably caught the game last Sunday and watched the Green Bay Packers defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV! It was an exciting day for Ravens fans everywhere! Check out this hilarious cartoon sequence of the game from ESPN’s Drew Litton.
- Ray Lewis did more than play in the Pro Bowl while he was in Hawaii, he also filmed a new Pepsi Max commercial with New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees. Pretty different from the crazy Old Spice ads we have seen him in lately!
- According to an article by ESPN’s John Clayton, the Ravens were listed as one of the top 5 favorite teams to potentially win Super Bowl XLVI! Also joining them on his list were the New England Patriots, the Indianapolis Colts, the New Orleans Saints, and the Atlanta Falcons!
- An interesting article from the Baltimore Sun addressed a question that a lot of Ravens fans had on their minds following the Packers win over the Steelers in the Super Bowl: could Joe Flacco do that?
- Also this week, BaltimoreRavens.com posted an article about their openness to selecting a QB in the upcoming NFL draft! Who might they choose? According to Ravens Director of Player Personnel Eric DeCosta, Alabama’s Greg McElroy, UNC’s T.J. Yates, and Iowa’s Ricky Stanzi are all possible considerations.
- It has been about a month since Matt Birk expressed his uncertainty with his future in Baltimore. According to the Baltimore Sun on Tuesday, Birk informed Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh that he plans to return for the 2011 season!
- BaltimoreRavens.com featured an interview with Ray Rice discussing his opinion on how the Ravens can fix their run game next year. Rice thought it came down to everyone being on the same page.
- Michael Oher is traveling all around this week in order to promote his new book, “I Beat the Odds.” Check out this video interview with Oher from ABC News where he discusses some of the differences between his real life story and the Hollywood-depicted version in “The Blind Side.”
- Last but certainly not least, my favorite piece of the Ravens news this week: Ray Lewis announced his plans to return for his 16th season next year! This finally put a stop to the rumors that the Ravens were trying to buy out the remainder of Lewis’ contract!
That’s it for this week! Check back next Friday for all your Ravens news in the offseason!